History, Archaeology and Apologetic Proof of Scripture
by Galyn Wiemers, softcover, 250 pagesISBN: 978-0-9794382-3-3 (Last Hope Books and Publications) 2010.
The most glorious days of Jerusalem are not in the past, but are yet to come. God has not left Jerusalem on the trash heap of history, but is currently working his plan to rebuild the city for the Jewish people's final series of confrontations with their pagan enemies. One day, Jesus, the Lord and Messiah, will return to Jerusalem and be seated in glory. The city will then become the center of God's Kingdom on earth.
This book is an incrdible journey through the plan of God, progressing from the earliest days of man's history through the past 2,000 years of Gentile dominance and into the prophecies yet to be fulfilled. The guide includes more than 500 photos, diagrams and maps to document each age and show what the people of the city were like during that time. The images are all connected to important, historical information - all of which is presented in a simple, chronological manner.
This book is divded into seven sections, including:
• An introduction to Jerusalem
• The topography of Jerusalem
• Jerusalem in the Old Testament
• Jerusalem during the days of the Macabees and the Hasmoneans
• Jerusalem in the New Testament
• Jerusaelm under the control of the Gentiles: Romans, Crusaders and Muslims
• Some special archaeological treasures
• The future of Jerusalem.